CONSTRUCTION - MIPS - Multi-Directional Impact Protection System. Hybrid Construction merges a durable ventilated Hard Shell upper with an In-Mold Construction lower shell plus sidewalls for added protection and style. With Hybrid Construction the helmet is beefed up for added durability-while remaining lightweight. Hybrid Construction also features an impact absorbing and lightweight EPS foam liner.
FIT SYSTEM - In Form 2 Fit System is lighter and lower profile than the original, making it even easier to dial in a custom fit in seconds-even with gloves on. An improved dial design provides up to 6cm of adjustment plus enhanced stability. The updated, easy adjust Vertical Tuning feature accommodates different goggles and head shapes for a custom fit free of gaper gap.
VENTILATION - Thermostat Control adjustable venting allows you to custom tune airflow instantly with a simple, low profile control button on the outside of the helmet. No other system is faster or easier to adjust, and nothing is more effective at keeping you comfortable. Stack Vent in the front of the helmet which aligns with your goggles and helps to keep them clear and fog free.
SEAMLESS COMPATIBILITY WITH ALL GIRO GOGGLES - Giro products have been meticulously designed and tested to work together. We've fine-tuned the pairings of our helmets and goggles using exhaustive testing in our Dome R&D center and translating those findings into the perfect Seamless Compatibility fit. We recommend Giro Contact and Axis Goggles.
FEATURES - MIPS. XT2 Anti-Odor padding. POV camera mount included. Fidlock magnetic buckle closure. Compatible with aftermarket Giro audio systems by Outdoor Tech. Compliance: CE EN1077.
THE GIRO ZONE MIPS
The all-new Zone MIPS features an innovative Hybrid Construction blending a durable ventilated Hard Shell upper with an In-Mold Construction lower shell. Additional sidewalls add protection and style. Zone MIPS is packed with amenities including the new In Form 2 Fit System, a quick-fit Vertical Tuning adjustment system for proper helmet positioning, MIPS technology, fully adjustable venting, an integrated POV camera mount, and Fidlock magnetic buckle closure.
The Giro Zone MIPS Features:
• MIPS – Multi-directional Impact Protection System
• Hybrid Construction – Durable Hard Shell Ventilated Upper w/ Lightweight In-Mold Lower & Sidewalls
• Low Profile Design
• In Form 2 Fit System
• On-The-Fly Vertical Tuning
• Thermostat Control Adjustable Venting
• Stack Ventilation
• POV Camera Mount Included
• Fidlock Magnetic buckle closure
• XT2 Anti-Odor Protection (*Zone MIPS only)
• Compatible with Aftermarket Giro Audio Systems by Outdoor Tech
• Seamless Compatibility with All Giro Goggles
• Compliance ASTM F2040-11 / CE EN1077
• Sizes for Zone MIPS for Men: S (52 – 55.5cm), M (55.5 – 59cm), L (59 – 62.5cm), XL (62.5 – 65cm)How To Measure Your Head For A Helmet
Wrap a measuring tape around your head, locate the tape above your ears and keep the tape level front to back (from just above your brow ridge to the lower crest of your occipital bone). Take the measurement and match it to the helmet sizing guid below.
How To Fit A Helmet
- Measure and find your size helmet
- Adjust the fit using the helmet internal fit system
- Adjust chinstrap and buckle
- Adjust the interior pads
Position the helmet low enough in the front to protect the forehead and not leave a goggle gaper gap (gorbie gap), but not too low that goggles push down on the nose
*Note: Chinstrap buckle should be fastened and the strap pulled snugly before riding.
Giro Zone MIPS Snow Helmet - B01IAP8NKU